Traditional Marketing Methods
Are You Monitoring Results from Traditional Marketing Methods?
There is still good reason to use local and existing traditional marketing methods. However, unless each one has a specific monitored call to action it is not possible to see how effective they are being by the results generated. Using the traditional paper-based directories for your advertising can work very well as long as each advertisement entry has a unique call to action that can be tracked so that you can analyse the effectiveness of each entry.
Without this knowledge you will possibly waste your investment and not drive your business forward as effectively as you want to. Using current digital monitored call to actions in conjunction with traditional marketing methods and advertising will get you suitable feedback and results.
Which of the following traditional marketing methods are you using in your business?
- An advertising sign / plaque outside your shop or office premises – these work well if customers are passing by or already know of you
- An advertisement in yellow pages / local directory – lots of other competition. Works well if clients know you or your business name starts with a certain letter. Limited copy space available. It would appear that fewer business owners find this as effective as it once was.
- Listed in the business services section of a telephone directory – great if the customer knows what they are looking for. Virtually no information about your business
- Advertising in trade journals / local glossy magazines – Great if you only deal with that trade targeted by the medium. Quite costly and a limited audience of those who buy the magazine and read the adverts.
- Adverts in local / national newspapers – bigger audience and higher cost – lots of other competition and visual impact required. Much less targeted.
- Sign written vehicles with good branding – great advertising and works well locally for specific businesses or trades people – reasonable cost for effect.
- Advertising boards where you, a tradesman, is working – easy to set up and small cost for local businesses like vehicle sign writing – effective plus word of mouth
- Using hand delivered flyers or cards to houses or business premises – These can be great traditional marketing strategies for targeted advertising media and can have a long shelf life for the right product or to keep a company name in the mind of target customers.
- Large city advertising display hoardings – expensive and needs specialist graphics team – good exposure for larger business users and brands
- Word of Mouth from satisfied clients – always one of the best forms of advertising along with business cards
- An existing Website designed and set up over 2 years ago with no updating – clients only get here by chance or from hard copy advert / Radio advert / TV advert / Lucky persistent search on line.
To See what’s different about using Digital Marketing Strategies and why they work so much better than older traditional marketing ways come to the next page.
“Digital Marketing encompasses a broad range of monitored media methods to drive finely targeted client traffic to a specific location on your website that offers a clearly desired action for every visitor”
If you’re ready to find out more about our services for your business contact us by clicking this button.
We look forward to working with you.