Niche Product Positioning
Using Niche Product Positioning to Maximise Sales
How do you determine your niche positioning for your product or service?
There has been a lot of information written over the years on marketing and how to target your ideal client or customer.
Generally this depends upon a large range of detailed information and marketing metrics. If, like many business owners, you have never had the time to spend hours reading and digesting some of this mass of ideas on creative marketing and advertising techniques, then niche product positioning may have passed you by. Many business owners tend to look at a much wider picture of the market place and tend to use a scatter gun approach to reach a broader population base. Unfortunately this massively dilutes the effectiveness of their advertising and therefore wastes money. A clearer picture of the potential customer is essential to really get your message to hit home and get the desired action.
We use our experience of digital marketing and the advertising specialists in our team to help you identify who you really want to reach out to with your business offering.
If you are wondering how you go about this then it will be worth spending some time with a pencil and paper, a dry wipe board or your favourite digital device to make a load of notes and ideas.
We define the process as creating your unique customer avatar or profile. To get you started, consider some of the following points and ideas:
- What does you product or service do?
- What sort of person will be interested in it?
- Their age group (within 5 years +/-)
- Which sex are they – male or female
- Where do they live – geographical – world country / county / state/ province / city / town / district
- Type of residence – countryside / city / detached, semi or terraced house / bungalow – single storey dwelling, apartment / flat etc
- Is the property – mortgaged / owned / rented / shared / with parents / student accommodation / others
- Who do they live with – parents / alone / with somebody else / shared housing
- What sort of work do they do – work from home / office based / travelling / retail outlet etc
- Education completed – school / college / university / further education / open university / forces / occupational qualifications
- Salary range – disposable income
- Car make / type / range / value / colour / engine size / style
- Hobbies – keep fit / diets / tv shows / gaming / activities / at home / elsewhere
- Social entertainment – Eating out / gym / football / rugby / cycling / other sports / clubbing / pubs / cinema / bowling / skating
- Transport used – foot / car / bike / motor bike / buses / trains / flights /
- Holiday destinations / if any /
- Pets if any
- Children if any
Do you get the idea?
You can no doubt think of lots more things, but we would urge you to take a bit of time to consider these key aspects and to write them down. If you sell different products there may be a particular size, weight, smell, shape or colour in the range which will suit different client profiles. We could build the digital marketing plan to suit each product or product range, providing that the potential return on your advertising investment warrants it. Sometimes using niche product positioning to best effect can only be proved by testing the results. We can then see which means of targeted marketing achieves the best desired outcome over a clear period of time.
This may all seem to be a bit like sticking your finger in the air or throwing dry leaves, to see which way the wind is blowing, but will make your marketing much more accurate and efficient.
We know that these methods provide exceptional results and will work for clients that are looking to grow there business to the next level of sales and profits.
Feel ready to explore this further?
Get in touch now to discuss what you would like to do to grow your business sales by clicking this button and sending us some basic contact details, so that we can talk.